AK Bets betting review covers everything from betting markets and odds, withdrawal times, customer service and Telebetting.
Betting at AK Bets is refreshingly straightforward. The brand may not dazzle with bonuses or a wide range of features, but it offers competitive odds with potential profit to punters.
➕ A good bookmaker for horse racing
➖ Lack of welcome offer
➖ No live streams
AK Bets is the new kid on the block in UK bookmaking.
Launched in the spring of 2023, AK Bets is a genuinely intriguing newcomer in the world of sports betting. Founded by Anthony Kaminskas (AK), a professional gambler and former employee of Paddy Power.
The core concept of the site is to provide a straightforward user interface that makes betting easy, and it's ready to offer personalised customer service when needed. The site also provides a Telebet feature, where customers can place bets over the phone by calling a toll-free number. This is a genuinely great and intriguing feature.
Some users may find the site's design rather plain, but it is primarily user-friendly and straightforward. AK Bets doesn't offer separate bonuses for sports betting, which is a kind of shame. However, it simplifies the betting process, resembling the type of wagers made, for example, at racetracks and betting shops. You just place bets without bonuses and wagering requirements.Move on to AK Bets! »
Unfortunately, at the moment, AK Bets doesn't offer any new customer offers for sports betting. We at Bojoko will promptly update this information if the situation changes.
The page also doesn't reward casino players upon account opening. However, you can grab 50 free spins for every £250 wagered on the slots in the casino.
Not all bookmakers offer welcome bonuses. Below, you can compare AK Bets with another bonus-free betting site. By clicking the magnifying glass, you can search for other bookies to include in the comparison.
|Minimum deposit for bonus||-|
|Minimum deposit for bonus||-|
AK Bets odds are decent. We calculated the payout percentage of AK Bets odds slightly over 93%. This means AKBets sportsbook takes a 7% margin from the odds on average. In this case, the odds align with the market's average at 93%, making them quite competitive.
Based on calculations, the absolute best odds can be found in AK Bets' MLB markets. The return to player for America's favourite pastime is nearly 95%. Unfortunately, during my testing period, AK Bets didn't offer odds for Premier League matches due to the international break. The absence of odds is unusual, as most bookmakers provide odds for football leagues, even during international games.
AK Bets provides odds exclusively in fractional format. You won't have the option to switch to decimal or American odds, even if you prefer those formats.
Betting markets at AK Bets unfold properly. With 23 markets to wager on, they have something for every sports enthusiast.
First and foremost, AK Bets offers a lot of thrilling and exciting horse racing betting markets. Whether you're a seasoned horse racing punter or just looking for some excitement, AK Bets has you covered.
AK Bets offers a comprehensive range of opportunities related to horse racing right from the homepage. To the delight of horse racing fans, the races about to start are the first thing you see.
While horse racing plays a significant role at AK Bets, the bookmaker offers many other exciting betting options. Players can bet on all the major football leagues worldwide, such as the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga and Champions League. Basketball fans also have many options, from the NBA to the Euroleague. And if you are, for example, into golf, you can follow your favourite golfers in prestigious tournaments like the Masters and the Open Championship.
In summary, AK Bets' sports markets cater to a wide range of preferences, offering something to bet on for traditional sports, esports, and virtual sports fans. While more sports could be covered, the current selection serves the needs of most British bettors. This diverse array of options ensures an exciting and engaging betting experience for a broad audience.
The live betting section of AK Bets could be a lot better. The site offers plenty of live betting options for your bet slip, but on the whole, the live section needs more attention from AK Bets admins.
AK Bets' live betting markets are limited, and during my text input time, only three specific betting options were available for NBA games. Additionally, the site lacks all types of statistics and real-time data that could at least assist in making informed live betting decisions. There are not any live streams, either.
For those who enjoy the thrill of live betting and rely on up-to-the-minute information, this is an area where AK Bets needs to make improvements to enhance the overall live betting experience. For instance, offering live streaming for horse racing events would be a significant addition and modification.
One particular feature that stands out with AK Bets is the Telebetting feature. Telebetting allows you to place bets via phone by calling a bookmaker. You can call your wagers in the UK at the toll-free number 03700 4321 321.
Please note that the minimum stake for phone bets is £20. This feature adds a personal touch to your betting experience, allowing you to place bets the traditional way, over the phone.
You can unlock the power of control with AK Bets' cashout feature. It's your ticket to a dynamic betting experience, giving you the freedom to close your bets before the event concludes.
The cashout facility lets you secure your winnings or cut your losses with a click. But remember, cashout is available only on selected bets, markets, and events. You'll recognise it from its distinct icon. This feature is also available for live betting.
The amount offered through cashout is in sync with the current probability of your bet's success compared to when you initially placed it.
Mobile betting with AK Bets is easy. AK Bets has ensured its presence on the Google Play Store and iTunes with a user-friendly mobile app catering to iPhone and Android users. Importantly, all the features found on the desktop site seamlessly transition to the mobile app. The app can be downloaded most conveniently directly from the website by clicking the Google Play Store or Apple App Store icons.
Downloading the app is by no means necessary. AK Bets works seamlessly on mobile devices' native browsers. The site adapts well to smart device screens, ensuring easy navigation. I found certain features' functionality, such as the FAQ section, even better on a mobile device than on a PC. AK Bets deserves praise for its mobile user interface.
AK Bets has its podcast, which is not typical content you might expect from a betting site. The brand releases new episodes on two consecutive days every week. These episodes feature a rotating lineup of sports and media experts engaging in sports and betting discussions. The episode lengths vary from 30 minutes to nearly 1.5 hours. I recommend listening; the podcast provides valuable insights and in-depth discussions.
The payment methods at AK Bets are minimal. You can make deposits and withdrawals only with Visa, Mastercard, and Maestro debit cards. The limited options for money transfers are dull.
The minimum deposit and withdrawal amounts are £10, and all money transfers in and out are completely free of charge. The withdrawal times align with industry standards, typically taking 2-5 business days for card transfers.
I hope that AK Bets will expand its banking methods in the future and enable smooth mobile deposits through e-wallet applications or Apple Pay.
AK Bets' customer service is open 24/7, enabling bettors to get assistance no matter when issues arise. Users can contact AK Bets' support staff through live chat, email, or phone at any hour of the day or night.
However, it's worth mentioning that AK Bets doesn't make contacting customer support particularly easy. The live chat function is only available to logged-in users, and the phone number is only available through the brand's Twitter account. In the footer's "Contact Us" section, AK Bets only allows sending an email and links to their Twitter and Facebook accounts.
AK Bets has its frequently asked question section, but it could be more comprehensive, and most queries require contacting customer service to receive detailed answers. The FAQ section is not a separate page but a sidebar overlaying the website. There are more practical options than this, especially on a PC, but it works with a mobile interface.
As part of AK Bets legal responsibility, they have to verify that you are who you say you are and you are over 18. This action is formally known as the Know Your Customer process.
You will be able to make a withdrawal from your account once the bookie has verified your identity. You can verify your identity by emailing the following documents to AK Bets:
AK Bets is committed to responsible gambling.
Here's an example of responsible gambling tools that the brand caters for punters:
Play on AK Bets! »
Check out AK Bets sister sites: