Best Tennis Betting Sites UK 2022
When you're looking to place a tennis bet, you of course want to do it at the best tennis betting sites for UK players. From this page you can find them all, and we also cover tennis betting in general, strategy, the best tournaments and much much more!
Best tennis betting sites - Top 3
Below you can find the best tennis betting sites in Bojoko’s opinion. You can find our ranking factors in more detail below, but without further ado, our top 3 tennis bookmakers for UK players!
#1 William Hill tennis betting
William Hill is one of the best choices of a bookie for UK players in general, and with tennis being such a popular sport here it’s of course heavily featured. This means that great odds and wide betting markets can always be found for tennis at William Hill.
In addition to being one of the best places to bet on tennis in general, the special tennis offers the bookie has are almost unmatched in the industry. With live streams also being available for many top-quality tournaments, there isn’t much bad to be said!
For new players, by depositing £10 and betting the same amount with minimum odds of 1/2 you will receive 2 x £15 free bets!
➕ Pros: £30 free bet sign-up offer, Top quality markets, live streams, great tennis offers
➖ Cons: Not the greatest user interface
#2 Leovegas tennis betting
LeoVegas is not a UK bookie, but the Nordic betting giants are a great choice for UK players’ tennis bets thanks to the great odds provided on the site with price boosts being often available for the most interesting tournaments. In addition to this, Leo is one of the best mobile bookies out there.
This means that when you're on the go, Leo's award-winning mobile app or browser version is probably the best choice for your mobile bets. Markets are available on almost all smaller tennis tournaments as well, so with this lion you're in good hands.
At Leo new players are treated to a 100% profit boost on their first in-play bet on a mobile device up to £100! This bonus can be received by choosing Sports Welcome Bonus when making your first deposit, which must be at least £10.
➕ Pros: Live streams, odds, mobile, price boosts for tennis
➖ Cons: Not predominantly a UK site, could have better customer service & bankingWatch and bet on tennis at LeoVegas here »
#3 888Sport tennis betting
888sport is a great choice for tennis enthusiasts, especially for bettors from the UK. 888 is from our country, the site loves tennis as a sport, and this is reflected the best from the sometimes even astoundly high odds on tennis, especially on the most important tournaments of the year.
888 isn’t quite as good as our top 2 when it comes to being a bookie in general, but if you don’t care that much for the best user experience and a flashy site, 888 will give you fantastic value for your money, especially as new players can acquire £30 in free bets + a £10 casino bonus for placing just one £10 bet!
➕ Pros: Majestic tennis odds, site made for UK players, £30 free bet sign-up offer
➖ Cons: Not the best user interface and support
How Bojoko ranks tennis betting sites
There are many factors to consider when ranking the best tennis betting sites. At Bojoko, our betting experts use the following parameters to separate average bookies from the great ones:
- Safety and security - At Bojoko, the safety and security of all the UK's tennis bookmakers listed on our site is guaranteed, since we only promote UKGC-licensed sites with tax-free winnings to UK players.
- User interface - How the site functions in practice. If there are glaring issues like bugs and loading problems they don’t deserve a high rating, while the actual user experience of betting on the site is also extremely important.
- Tennis betting markets - The actual betting markets and odds that are available to be bet on. This comprises all the different odds available, from outright winners to any number of specials and from pre-match to in-play bets.
- Betting odds - The quality of the actual odds available. The better the odds available on average, the better the site’s rating can be. You should also remember that the odds of different sports can vary at the same bookmaker quite significantly.
- Welcome & existing player offers - The quality of betting promotions available to both old and new players. This includes free bet offers, deposit bonuses for betting, enhanced odds and all other special promotions available on the site.
- Practical matters - Practical matters includes the customer service, banking options, KYC procedures and other similar things you have to do when running a betting site. These can sometimes make or break your betting experience, so it’s crucial to get them right as a bookie.
There are of course some other things to check out when choosing betting sites for tennis, such as style, mobile and responsible gambling functions. These are all covered extensively in our betting sites reviews, where our in-house experts have tested the bookie completely from top to bottom. Click on the links from our list to see the review of the bookie in question.
How to place a tennis bet
- Choose one of the tennis betting sites from our list
- Click on the green links that take you straight to the site
- Follow the instructions on the landing page to create your account
- Make your first deposit and enjoy the betting offers available
- Place your tennis bet by searching the bookies’ markets - sometimes even for free!
All tennis bookmakers (UK)
Below you can find all the bookmakers who provide betting odds on tennis. All the sites listed operate under a United Kingdom Gambling Commission licence, which guarantees that all your winnings will be completely free of tax, along with of course the safety of the site.
Best tennis tournaments to bet on
The best tennis tournaments to bet on are of course the biggest and most followed ones, as they have the most betting markets available on them. The biggest tennis tournaments each year are the Grand Slams, of which there are four each year.
The Australian, French and US Open along with the legendary Wimbledon gather millions of viewers from all around the world, while the Olympics’ tennis tournaments are also closely followed by the majority of tennis fans. In addition to these, there are plenty of tennis betting odds available for both the ATP & WTA Tours.
Wimbledon betting 2022
Wimbledon odds are available at all tennis betting sites, as it’s the biggest tournament of the year. The only grass court Grand Slam is considered the pinnacle of tennis by players and fans alike, and the amount of betting markets available is unmatched.
- Wimbledon 2022: 27th June - 10th July
Wimbledon odds 2022
Below you can find the best betting odds for the Wimbledon 2022 tennis tournament. All of the odds listed below are from SBK, another fantastic choice for a tennis bookmaker for UK players.
SBK is solely a mobile bookie, and through the links below you can get to download the application for both iOS and Android devices. If you're a new player at the bookie, you will be rewarded with £30 in free bet tokens for a first deposit of just £10!
Wimbledon men's singles odds:
Tournament over, Novak Djokovic is the Men's Wimbledon Champion 2022.Enjoy the best men's singles odds at SBK here »
Wimbledon women's singles odds:
Tournament over, Elena Rybakina is the Women's Wimbledon Champion 2022.Enjoy women's singles odds at SBK »
After Wimbledon the tennis world takes a trip across the pond to the United States for the US Open. Held in Queens, New York, the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center has been home to some legendary tournaments, and provides fantastic betting opportunities every year.
- US Open 2022: 29th August - 11th September
Australian Open betting 2023
The Australian Open is long-awaited every year, and the 2023 edition will kickstart the tennis betting season yet again in January. Being the first major tournament of the year, Melbourne’s showpiece event is the first opportunity to enjoy the best betting markets for tennis on a massive scale.
- Australian Open 2023: January 16th - 29th
French Open (Roland Garros) betting 2023
The final Grand Slam tournament on our list is the French Open, named after famed French pilot Roland Garros and his namesake stadium. Played on clay unlike any other grand slam, the undoubted king of the tournament has been Rafael Nadal, who has taken the crown 14 times, including the 2022 edition.
The fast-paced clay courts give advantage to more physical players with harder hitting shots, which you should always take into account with your bets.
- French Open (Roland Garros) 2023: May 28th -June 11th
ATP tennis bets
The ATP Tour is the premier competition for male tennis players, going on across the year. If you really want to get into tennis bets, the ATP Tour will be your bread and butter where you can make the most consistent profits. Unlike at the Grand Slams, at ATP tournaments all of the best players in the world won’t necessarily be playing.
You must always know the players competing at an ATP tournament, along with of course their form, how important the tournament is to them, possible injury issues etc. before choosing your bets.
WTA tennis bets
The WTA Tour is the womens’ equivalent of the ATP Tour, with the tournaments often going hand in hand in terms of schedule. All the same betting rules mentioned above apply to the WTA tournaments as well, so there isn’t much to add here.
One thing that you should always remember when betting on the WTA and women's tennis in general is that the matches are always settled over a maximum of three sets.
Tennis bet markets - Ways to bet on tennis
If you want to place a tennis bet, there are many different choices to choose from in a tournament or for any given match. The amount of betting markets available of course depends heavily on the size of the bookie, but you can find the following bets nearly always at the best UK betting sites:
- Outright tennis bets - This is of course the most common type of tennis bet, on an outright winner of a match or a tournament
- Set bets - Set betting in tennis can be done in many ways. You can bet on the correct match score in sets, the total amount of sets played and the winner of single sets
- Over/under bets - Over/under bets in tennis are almost always concerning sets or the amount of games in a set. They can be on both the total amount of sets/games, or on the amount of sets/games that a single player manages to win
- In-play bets - In-play bets are usually not super special, but there are some bets on tennis that can only be found live. These include bets on the winner of the next point or game, rally lengths, ang with whether there will be a double fault or an ace in the next game. However, these bets can’t always be found
- Handicap bets - Handicap bets work just like with any other sport, except that instead of goals etc. you’ll be betting on game and set handicaps.
In addition to these, there are always some player and tournament specials to be found, such as which player will make it further in the tournament etc. These however aren’t usually the best bets to choose, as advantages in them are hard to find for a bettor.
Tennis betting strategy - How to profit from tennis bets
Your tennis betting strategy should always be based on statistics more than your heart. By using the tips below you can get started with tennis betting the in the easiest way.
- Always bet with the best odds - This should of course be a given, but many bettors fail to consider this and just play at their one favourite bookie. The odds for the same bet are almost always different at different sites, which is why having accounts on as many bookies as possible is the smartest option.
- Form - Like in any other sport, knowing the form of the athletes in question is a necessary requirement for the best betting results. You can check the most result results from many different sites, and the best tennis bookmakers may also provide you with this information straight on their site.
- Injuries - Knowing the injury situation of a player is just as important as knowing their form. Following tennis news and the biggest favourites to win tournaments extensively can be crucial to know how their body is coping, and mental strength can also be included in this aspect. If a player has frequent injuries and has to forfeit matches, this has to be reflected in your bets.
- Matchup - Tennis is a gruelling 1v1 sport, where any opponent can be easy pickings for one player but the kryptonite of another. Previous head-to-head results can always be found either at the bookie themselves or on other sites, and knowing the matchup and strengths and weaknesses of the players can be crucial.
- Court type - Tennis is a rather unique sport, since the matches are played on different surfaces depending on the arena. There are four main types of courts: grass, clay, hard courts and artificial courts. Players often have preferred court types which are reflected in their results, so do your homework before placing any bets!
- Take advantage of welcome deals and free bets - There are almost always options available for betting on tennis for free, and new players can expect bet 5 get 20 and bet 10 get 30 type deals when creating their account.
Playing without risking any of your own hard-earned money is always an ideal situation, but remember to always check the wagering requirements of any deal from our reviews or our lists before accepting an offer!
Tennis betting statistics
In addition to these tips, you should also know the most important statistics for evaluating how a match will go. These four are:
- Second serve efficiency - Does a player win a lot of their points with their second serve compared to their first, or vice versa?
- Unforced errors - Errors that are due only to the player not perform can compound severily at times, leading to a total collapse
- Aces - If a strong player hits a lot of aces, he won't have much trouble holding his serve, leading to less upsets
- Break efficiency - If a player is good at braking his opponents serve, this can lead to plenty of upsets for weaker players, or less upsets for stronger players
By analyzing these you can usually get a good idea of how a matchup will end up, especially when it comes to the amount of winners a player hits and a player's amount of points they win with their second serve.
Second serve efficiency is particularly important to know, and star players who don't excel in this aspect are particularly at risk for upsets if their first serve is having problems.
Tennis bets on the underdog - Worth it or not?
In many sports, bettors tend to bet more on the favourites or big names with a brand. Big teams like FC Barcelona in football or the Los Angeles Lakers in basketball, get a lot of turnover in betting every single time. But in tennis, it tends to go the other way. Academic studies have shown, that tennis bettors tend to lean more toward the underdogs. This phenomenon is known as favourite longshot bias.
The bigger the tournament, the bigger this bias seems to be. Tennis bets on the underdog seem to be particularly common in the biggest tournaments like Grand Slams and the Olympics, which may be due to less experienced tennis bettors placing more bets.
According to a 2015 University of Navarre study, bias on the underdog is especially prevalent in tennis matches in the biggest tournaments, in later round matches of tournaments, and between lower-ranked players. Other studies have also shown this effect on tennis bets.
Knowing this can already give you an advantage over many other bettors. Especially when betting on bigger tournaments, according to the studies, there should be more value to be found on the favourites. So when the other stats, injuries and the bracket is good, bet more on the favourites.
Tennis betting - FAQ
There are many ways of how to bet on tennis in 2022, as the betting markets are getting wider and wider in terms of options. Before you could usually only find odds on outright winners of matches and tournaments, set bets, over/unders and handicaps.
However nowadays all kinds of new bets have become available, like player and tournament specials that can be basically about anything.
Tennis odds live are almost identical to the ones that you can find pre match, but there can be some differences with some bets being available only pre match and some only live. Only special bets can’t usually be found in the in-play options at the best tennis bookmakers.
The best tennis betting sites in Bojoko’s opinion (top 3) can be found here. All of the bookies you can find from our “podium” places are solid and massive bookmakers who enjoy success across the globe, and they place special emphasis on their tennis betting markets and odds.
Tennis betting works just like any other bet you make on a betting site. To get started, you simply choose a bookie from our list of tennis betting sites, click on the green “Play here” button and create your account by following the instructions on your screen. Then you simply make a first deposit and start with your bets by finding the tennis betting markets from the bookie.
Set betting is one of the most popular ways to bet on tennis. There are many different formats to set betting, such as the total amount of sets played, handicap bets on sets, correct match score with sets, and the winners of single sets.